Subscribe

Wii internet channel now free (again)!

When Nintendo's Wii games console was first released its internet browser was free to download and install. Just before I bought mine, however, they decided in their infinite wisdom to charge users to download it. Being as tight as a duck's bottom, my Wii has remained internetless.

Until now. I turned it on about half an hour ago to perform my daily Wii Fit body test, and realised I had a message in my Wii inbox. It was from Nintendo, and states that the Wii internet channel is free again!

So this is my first Wii-based blog post.

Initial thoughts? It's largely a gimmick. Very few people will use their Wii as their primary internet portal, which is why I wasn't prepared to pay for it. I think this may be why it's free again: Whilst it's great as a free toy, I fail to see why anybody would actually part with cash in order to use it.
The typing interface was difficult to begin with, but I'm getting quicker. I'm at about the speed my dad reaches on a normal keyboard, so far.

That's it for now, but if you have a Wii and would like to exchange friend codes or suggest some decent online multiplayer games (I have Mariokart!), then please get in touch!

Back to Wii Fit now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa