Subscribe

What I Did When Everyone Else Was Watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony

I went out and took some pictures of a dual carriageway.

I was intending to get some dusk shots of a Moonset, but the clouds had other ideas. Instead I braced myself against the bridge's safety rail, dropped the ISO, raised the exposure time and had a play with some nearly-nighttime photography. I apologise if these aren't all that interesting.


This is the A14 as it runs through Kettering.


This is a more cropped image taken from the same position as above.


And again, a different crop with a slightly longer exposure time. I like the fact that I caught someone exiting.


This is the A14 from a different bridge. If you were to carry on down the A14 in the direction the previous photo is looking, you'd get to the bridge I was standing on to take this one. You can just about see the place I was standing earlier in this photo.


Here's the bridge I was standing on. There's some colour correction going on here, courtesy of Picasa's "I'm feeling lucky" feature. I like what happened.


And the same bridge, but looking the other way.

Thank you, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa