Subscribe

Photography - First outing with my new camera!

Just a quickie today because I've done six hours of driving this weekend and I want to go to bed, but I wanted to blog quickly about one aspect of my birthday:

I got a camera (A Nikon D60 digital SLR, if you're interested). I'm quite pleased with it so far: it was easy to set up, and I'm pretty pleased with the quality of image that's being churned out, even though I'm only using the basic point-and-shoot functionality at the moment. I took around thirty photos this weekend, but I thought I'd share a few that I particularly like. These have been edited very briefly and basically (i.e. cropped and a tiny bit of contrast/ light adjustment on one or two) using Picasa. The photos below have had their quality reduced to take up less of my Picasa web album's space:



A frog in the pond in my aunt & uncle's back garden.





An example of dualitive nominism? It is, and it does.






Some sky.






My cousin scoring a try for his rugby team.






The birthday cake my mum made me (only 20 candles- she left the one in the shape of a '7' in her kitchen at home!)




I really like this one. It's rain on some blades of something grass-like* surrounded by something thistle-like**. This is about as close as I can get with the lens that came with my D60. I'm hoping that a decent macro lens will fall out of the sky (and land on something soft) so that I can explore macro photography a little deeper.







* Possibly grass.
** Possibly thistles.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! I'm saving up for a decent camera at the mo (£120 so far!)so will know who to ask for advice when I come to buy one!

    I nearly cladded my cake in flakes, glad I didnt now, nice for you to have some variety!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one I got cost £379.99 from Argos. Depending on what you're after, my research led me to believe that Canon or Nikon are the front runners, with a big gap between them and the next best. My camera's really easy to use, although I admit I've only just scraped the surface...

    Aha! I'm going to take the leftovers of both cakes into school tomorrow so that I don't have to eat it all myself and put on even /more/ weight...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa