Subscribe

Calling all Queen fans!

*** Note: If you're viewing this post in a reader, you may not be able to see the poll! Please navigate to http://bit.ly/9bMtsN in your web browser to take the poll! ***

Towards the end of last year, Queen released a 'new' album: Absolute Greatest. As an enormous Queen fan, I was... disappointed. It seems to me that Queen have sold out, re-releasing the same songs on what is essentially the same album over and over again every few years. A conversation with a friend who is possibly even more of a Queen fan than I am revealed much the same feelings.

We can't be the only two! Our displeasure stems from the fact that we know that Queen have so much more to offer from their back catalogue than the same old radio-friendly previously-released single offerings that we all hear time and time again. Also, surely everyone already has Queen's greatest hits in some form or other knocking around their mp3/ CD/ cassette/ vinyl collection?

So, a few beers later we embarked upon the monumental task of picking just one unreleased* album track from each studio album (see the bottom of this post for titles, album covers and a link to Amazon) in order to produce a definitive and original** alternative introduction to Queen: A Dream Queen album, if you will.

Being a sad git, I have decided that I'd like to include a larger portion of Queen's fan base in the discussion, and this is where this blog post comes in: Below, you should find a form on which you can make your selection from the remaining album tracks (after UK single A-sides have been removed) for each of Queen's studio albums (I've omitted Flash). Please fill it in and pass it on to any other Queen fans that you know, and hopefully we can produce a plan for the definitive Queen non-singles 'best of' album. I'll write a results post at some point in the future if I feel I've had enough responses for the result to be unembarrassing!

Feel free to comment if I've omitted anything, or if you believe any non-album or live tracks would be worthy of inclusion as extras!









* Unreleased, that is, as an A-side on a UK single.
** As original as it can be, that is.

6 comments:

  1. I adore "See What A Fool I've Been"! Apparently it was a B-side from Queen II that ended up off the official release, so I dunno if it can be included. I have it on my Queen II cd. Yes, the one with the crappy remixes. DX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still only got two responses! This might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you pressed the 'submit' button?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely pressed submit! Shall I do it again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teakay, I like the idea, it is something that you can easily do yourself, by taking trax off any album and burn them. But the title for the album is a bit soft for a ROCK band.
    Just my two cents. Hope that you will receive more respons.

    Ciao, Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literarygeek: If you pressed submit, you were probably one of the two that were there; some people have had trouble finding the submit button. Not sure why! Have had 25 responses now, but given the size of the data sheet, I'm hoping for a few more at least!

    Tom: Glad you like the idea, and the 'title' isn't really a title, more of a label until someone suggests something better... Feel free to have a go!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa