Subscribe

Optimistic October: Day 8 - Doing Something Constructive

Today's challenge is something I try to do whenever I see a tricky situation brewing, but I'm not sure if I can honestly talk about much I've done towards this today specifically.

I have a challenge to offer, though. A challenge for me, and also for you, that I think fits today's Optimistic October entry.

The challenge goes something like this:

News these days is generally very negative. Bad news sells; good news seems to do less well. This doesn't do any favours for our mental health, so can we make some steps towards making that better? I think we can. Here's a challenge that I'd like you all to take part in, and I'd like you to help me to keep. Call me out when I get it wrong; pat me on the back when I get it right. Here goes:

When sharing anything at all on social media (or anywhere else) you are choosing to propagate that story and all of the values and emotions that come along for the ride. Every time you share something, follow this:

  • Is it good news? Is it positive news? Is it happy? Is it true?
    • Yes! - Keep it up. Share with wild abandon.
    • No - Does it need to be shared? Really?
      • Yes! - Sandwich it between something good, positive and uplifting. Don't share until you've found something heartwarming, and then make sure you share something else with an uplifting centre to it soon afterwards.
      • No - Then don't share it.

Who's with me? If you are, maybe you can pass this on to others and set them the challenge too.

Just for clarity, this challenge starts now, and it ends... Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa