Subscribe

Optimistic October: Day 13 - A Spontaneous Thing

Today's challenge is a bit of an odd one for me, because to-do lists are very much not my forte, so I thought I'd flip this one on my head.


I use todoist to keep track of my to-dos at home. I say "use," but really that means I use todoist to record a whole heap of things that I'm probably not going to get around to.

So, today I spontaneously did some things on my to-do list:

  • One was called "Q&A entry," which refers to a diary of sorts in which I am supposed to answer a daily question for five years. The entry was 211 days overdue. I caught up a bit (but not completely).
  • I'm going to America soon, and it occurred to me the other day that I'd need money while I'm there, so I put it on my to-do list (which is a surefire way to make sure it gets forgotten). I got that process in motion.
  • I put my name down to do a talk for Big MathsJam in November. This'll be my fourth (I think) Big MathsJam and I've promised myself I'll offer a talk each time. Now I've done it, if it's accepted I'll have no choice but to actually write it.
I can say with complete honesty that without any prior planning I decided on a complete whim to be not spontaneous today: what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa