Subscribe

Optimistic October: Day 6 - Being a Realistic Optimist

This is a refreshing one. So often we're told to look on the bright side, but there's often a reason for darker days and it pays to take note of the bad things sometimes so that we can change them rather than just coping with them. I'm going through some difficult things at the moment, but today's Optimistic October entry is about focusing on the good stuff. So here goes...
A family member has had some very, very bad news in the last couple of weeks...
... but we've still got time left to spend together, and things worth reminiscing about.

There are some things about work that frustrate the hell out of me...
... but I work in a unique role and every day drops something new in front of me. I learn new things all the time, and get brilliant feedback from people I work with externally on a regular basis.

I don't seem to have any time to myself...
... but that's because I am, in some senses of the word, 'successful'. I am in enormous demand at work, and outside of work is full of stuff to do, not least the PGCert course I'm working towards. My social life is... well, I have one, which is streets ahead of where I was a few years ago. I'm certainly not bored!

Some of my favourite people who are most important to me are the ones who are furthest away...
... but I know they're there, and I know they care.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa