Subscribe

Optimistic October: Day 30 - Purpose

I'm... supposed to have a sense of purpose?


I'm never quite sure what things like this mean, but that just gives me an opportunity to define it however like, doesn't it?

I guess a "sense of purpose" is when you feel like you're doing something that has a point to it, and I'm feeling that this is more of an external thing than an internal one: giving something back to the world, rather than making personal achievements.

I feel most like I have purpose when I'm teaching, so a goal set in response to today's challenge should probably have something to do with that. Generally, my goal is...
To be the best educator that I can be.
 ... but that's not exactly measurable. Part of my desire to undertake postgraduate study was so that it could provide some structure in working towards this goal, so I'm going to work damned hard on completing that as well as I can. As well as this, and at least equally important, is my network of educators that I keep tabs on via Twitter. I don't engage as much as I probably should with the broader teaching community, but I learn a lot, keep up to date, and am forced to think (and re-think) about various aspects of teaching and education. It is genuinely an excellent tool through which to build a learning network on various themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa