Subscribe

Optimistic October: Day 14 - Goal Setting for the Week (and a quick review)

Today's challenge, to set hopeful but realistic goals for the week ahead, is generally a pretty good idea to be taking forwards. But then...


... the whole point of taking part in the Optimistic October challenge is lost if I don't make sure that I take something away from it all to keep for the future. So a recap (of sorts) is in order, with a few loose goals attached based on each day's challenge so far.

I will...
  1. As per the goals set on Day 1:
    1. Do some work towards my assignment.
    2. Leave work on time at least once this week.
    3. Go to the gym at least once this week.
    4. Not exceed my self-imposed budget for the month.
  2. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful, as agreed to on Day 2.
    • If you'd like to help me with this, mention me in some happy, funny, cheerful and generally lovely news posted on twitter.
    • If you'd like help with this, I've added some links to positive news sources on the "More?" page of this site. If you know of any others, please let me know!
  3. Work on prioritising my daily work, as was the theme of Day 3.
  4. Keep up with my efforts to be the positive changes that I want to see in society. On Day 4, I promised to be more conscious of my effect on the environment; call out antisocial behaviour when I see it; be an ally to decent people everywhere; seek out sources of positive news (see #2!); and to challenge negative nonsense whilst championing the harmless stuff.
  5. Keep up with Day 5's pledge to read a few pages every night before bed. I haven't been perfect between then and now, but I've managed it most days.
  6. Look the bad, annoying or upsetting stuff in the face and extract something optimistic from it. Day 6 told me to, so it's happening.
  7. Get on it. Procrastination would be my middle name if it wasn't already Kenneth, so Day 7 has, is and always will be a challenge, but I'm going to get. On. It*.
  8. Respond to difficult situations constructively. Also, as I challenged myself on Day 8, I'll sandwich bad news between bits of good news. Feel free to give me a nudge if I slip on this one.
  9. Not join in with that blaming lark. Day 9 has a point. I will, instead, [see #7].
  10. Look for the good in people around me, as challenged on Day 10. Nobody's all good, but nobody's all bad either.
  11. Re-frame those problems. I guess Day 11 is just Day 10 in a different... frame. Also the chubster thing. I got that bike, by the way.
  12. Do some reflecting on what I achieve, as Day 12 dictated. I can use this post to do that. See you on Day 20?** 
  13. Live a little. Be spontaneous. Day 13 reminds me to not let #3 on this list take over.

How are things going with your challenges so far, and what are your main goals for the week ahead? Good luck with them, and let me know if I can help out!






* First thing in the morning.
** Hopefully before then, too, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. If you feel passionately about anything I've posted, please feel free to make your views known but please take the time to make sure that your comments are rational, considered and suitable for any audience.

Thanks for reading!

Do you like what you're reading?

If you think I'm doing a good job, buy me a coffee and tell me what you want to see more of:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Creative Commons Licencing Information

Tom⇒maths by T. Briggs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 by-nc-sa